Memorial Day Weekend - CJ Strike


May 22, 2009

Our first camping trip of the year! We went to CJ Strike. It's about an hour and 20 minutes from my house. We didn't take the kids on our first trip out, but we missed not having them there. We did take Kaiser, and he was such a good "camp dog"! We got there Friday night and set up camp. The camp sites are new, so the grass hasn't had a chance to grow yet, actually I don't think it's been planted yet. They did have REAL restrooms, that was one of the only accommodations I asked for! Of course the camp ground was PACKED with people! Saturday Charlie, my friend Jamie's boyfriend, rented a party barge for us for the day. We cruised around the lake, some fished and others swam. Jamie and I took a little hike on one of the shores, until we saw a rattle snake! I had never seen one in the wild before! We got back on the boat quickly! Sorry, no pictures of that! That night we had Shish Kabob's for dinner and Smores for dessert! The next day we rented a ski boat and did some tubing. That was fun! The water was VERY COLD, but who cares! We were out on the water! Tony and I went out for a spin on the tube. It was a lot of fun! Charlie took it easy on everyone to be sure we had fun, thank you, Charlie! It was a lot of fun! I had to talk Jamie into getting on the tube, she hadn't done it before. By the time we were half way done with our ride, we were both laughing and standing in the tube!


That night the storm started rolling in again. The last night I didn't sleep for more than a few hours. I was worried first about the "neighbors" who were up very late having a party and being loud, until Tony had to "politely" ask them to keep it down. Then the wind was a steady gust all night long. I had to get up a few times to see if the tents outside were still there, and if we were still in the campground. So when we saw what we were in for again Sunday night, we rushed off the lake and packed up camp. I told Tony we should have timed ourselves! I'm sure we set a record! We were out of there and back home by 6:30 Sunday night. That gave us time to get a shower, a movie, BBQ our dinner and get a restful night's sleep!


Monday was another "yard work" day! We got the yard mowed, the camper put away and the pool set up! I think we are both ready for the week to start so we can recover from our weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment